Saudi Design Week (SDW) is returning in 2017 with a brand new narrative. ‘DESIGN IN MOTION’
Saudi Design Week is, in its essence, a festival for design and visual culture. The fair’s program is divided into curated exhibitions, workshops, a design forum and several activities all taking place within the context of design. Temporarily transforming the Kingdom’s capital Riyadh into a dynamic platform to discuss, judge, and admire good design.
Saudi Design Week 2017 brings to you the theme of ‘Design in Motion’. Design is an essential part of any product, plan, or executed project. Design puts in motion the essential elements that fuse together function and aesthetics.
The theme will explore multiple facets of design and will ask exhibitors to showcase any of the following aspects
• Process of Design – (the story behind the product from sketch to shelf)
• Kinetic Design – exploring motion in design through multiple variables including time
• Design and Sports
- THEME | Submitted designs ought to fit the theme of Saudi Design Week 2017.
- AVAILABILITY | Objects must be available and ready to be shipped to Saudi Arabia and be available for display at the show in October 2017.
- LOCAL AND INTERNATIONAL | Saudi Design Week 2017 is open to designers worldwide.
- DEADLINES | The final day for submitting applications is May 1, 2017.